This page is a placeholder for what will, one day, become a very informative site for an organic farm.
I am an artist (mostly photography) who is most at home in nature. I used to grow all the fresh produce my family of two could eat, share, and preserve on a large community garden plot. I am currently gardenless, but every day I tend to a few fruit trees and herbs in containers on my balcony. At this moment, Strawberry Moon Farm is nothing more than scribbles in a notebook, but I’m holding this domain until the day I can make Strawberry Moon a reality.
My goals for the farm are to:
* Grow healthy, organic food using organic self-sustaining practices
* Make fresh, exciting, gourmet specialty crops locally available including native plants and exotics
* Grow a wide variety of culinary and medicinal herbs
* Raise healthy, happy chickens who will provide eggs as long as they are able, and later enjoy sunshine-filled retirement for the rest of their natural lives
* Minimize the use of fuel-powered machinery, relying on physical or renewable energy whenever possible
* Protect natural pollinators and maintain hives of honeybees
* Apply artistic principles to landscape design and create a beautiful natural space to enjoy with friends and family
Until then, stay wild